L3A TECHNICAL FEATURES
- Circuit Design is Pure Class-A, Single-Ended Triode, Zero Feedback, Dual-Mono.
- Audio Circuit has no Cathode Followers or Buffers.
- To prevent unwanted AC-induced distortions, the L3 features an External Power Supply housing three separate supplies and a large-shielded, custom-wound transformer.
- In the main chassis, four-separate, fully-regulated FET power supplies drive the audio circuitry in addition to separate filament supplies.
- Automatic-timed muting with Tri-Color LED indicator.
- Low-light Illumination for Selector Switch and Master Volume Control Knobs.
- Standby Mode avoids cold starts and prolongs tube life and circuit components.
- Active Tape Output and External S/S Output Buffers are FET regulated, set for unity-gain.
- All circuit boards are hand-soldered using the finest silver solder available. All polypropylene and polystyrene film capacitors used are proprietary designs of Audible Illusions. Resistors are precision 1% Holco and Roederstein.
- Proprietary gold-plated RCA Jacks with Teflon insulators.
- Master stereo volume is laser-trimmed Alps. Balance Controls are Precision Stepped Attenuators.
- Handcrafted in the USA.
L3A TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Gain: 30dB, Tape & S/S Processor 0dB
Distortion: .10% at 1.5V rms, 20-20kHz, into 50kOhm. Less than .12% at 1V out 20-20kHz into IHF load
Frequency Response: Within +/-1dB 2Hz to 100kHz measured w 1-1 probe/50 kOhms,100pf
Signal to Noise: 90dB below 1.5V rms output wideband
Max Input: 9V rms
Signal Phase: Main Out-Inverting, Tape and S/S Processor-Non Inverting
Input Impedance: 50kOhm – all
Output Impedance: Main-1.2 kOhms Tape, S/S Processor-150 Ohms
Muting: 45 second warm-up and automatic brown-out protection
Tube Compliment: 2-6H23EB twin-triodes, graded & matched
Power Requirements: 115-125VAC, 60Hz 45 watt maximum. 6 foot IEC Line Cord-Supplied.
Optional 100, 220, 230, 240 50-60Hz transformers.
Dimensions: 19″W x 3.5″H standard rack mount
Chassis is 17″W x 11″D x 3″H
Power Supply, 6″W x 10″D x 5″H
Weight: 19.5 lbs, 24 lbs (shipping wt.)
*Specifications subject to change without notice*