Forty years ago Audible Illusions began production of the first Modulus preamplifier, a component that set new standards for sonic performance and reliability. To date over 20,000 Modulus preamps have been manufactured with over150 excellent product reviews from audio critics around the world.
Adhering to our circuit design philosophy that “simpler is better” and based on the proven superiority of single-ended, triode-tube designs our engineers have continuously refined the preamp. To list all the innovations brought forth by our designs would be difficult. The elimination of cathode followers, buffers, negative feedback, paralleling tube output stages, designing new Teflon film capacitors and exploring better mechanical interfaces are but a few innovations that has made Audible Illusions a pioneer in modern-day tube technology.
Compared to previous generations the new M3B adds a host of features and refinements. Circuit boards have been redesigned to further simplify the signal path, improve switching and reduce vibration. This latest design utilizes special direct relay switching resulting in improved definition.
Today the M3B is one of the few full-function preamplifiers made. For vinyl record and CD lovers alike this preamp offers unparalleled musical performance. It is the finest preamplifier we have ever made and continues to be the benchmark by which many others are compared.
Output Selection: Main (2) Tape
Optional: Internal, gold-plated L&R channel circuit boards for low-output M/C cartridges. Rack Mt.Faceplates available as a special order.
- Circuit Design is Dual-Mono, Class A, Single-Ended Triode, Open Loop.
- External Power Supply, housing three separate supplies, prevents unwanted AC induced distortions.
- Main Chassis has five separate, fully-regulated FET power supplies in addition to separate filament supplies.
- Audio Circuit has No Cathode Followers or Buffers.
- Standby Soft-Start Circuit prolongs tube life and circuit components.
- Automatic-Timed Muting.
- Control Knobs have Low-Light Backlit Illumination.
- Separate Volume Controls are Precision Stepped Attenuators.
- Proprietary gold-plated RCA Jacks with Teflon Insulators.
- All circuit boards are Hand-Soldered with silver-bearing solder.
- All Polypropylene, Teflon, and Polystyrene capacitors are Proprietary Designs.
- Completely handcrafted in USA.